Wednesday March 24, 2021
A banquet is being held, and you are a Distinguished Guest; you receive your invitation and you are overwhelmed to know that such an honour has been bestowed upon you. You go shopping for the most stunning gown, hair and nail appointments are scheduled and you can’t wait for that day to come.
The Host of the banquet is equally eager to be graced with your presence and can’t wait to see you all adorned and beautifully attired. A special place table is reserved for you. All the preparations are being made, flowers have been ordered, the decorator has been contracted and the caterers have finalized the menu. The event promises to be an unforgettable experience.
That rendition sounds similar to the parable Jesus told His disciples in St. Matthew 22. He sought to teach His followers that their Heavenly Father values them greatly and desires to have them as special guests at His exquisite banquet. In essence, this story is base of the Gospel of Christ; He is the Bridegroom and we are His Brides; we are invited to Show Up, and partake of all that is provided by the Host.
The feast has been prepared. … dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready..St. Matthew 22:44
I know you love the opportunity to get dressed up; I do for sure. In attending an event, Showing Up is half the joy that may be in store; we need also to indulge in all the other goodness that is available. The life we have is a gift; the human experience is to be celebrated; there is so much that we have to be thankful for. All this is acknowledging the realities that part of the human experience includes disappointments, pain, illness and loss, yet we have a hope that cannot be compared to anything that we endure in this life. The Apostle Paul knew this hope was real and to the Ephesians he said:
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in His holy people.Ephesians 1:18
The QUEEN LIFE involves having your eyes open so you may know the hope to which you are called. The KING’s love for you is everlasting; His plans for you are good; they are to give you hope, and a bright future. (Jeremiah 29:11). At every moment, our KING invites us to Show Up; what does that mean?
SHOWING UP is going the full journey:
- Being aware that the KING hosts a banquet for you at every moment of your life
- Know that every moment of your life is worth celebrating
- Desire to know the reason you were born
- Read the Word of God frequently and pray for increased faith
- Pursue your purpose with all your heart
- Ask, seek and knock; all that you need to become your best self will be provided by your God and King.
- Invest time in mastering your skills and talents; commit them to God and ask Him to bless the work of your hands.
- Embrace virtue as a standard to life by; you will attain righteousness and live in a way that pleases God.
- Know the promises of God and expect them to be fulfilled in your life.
- Pursue righteousness at all cost; press forward until your joy is full
- Fulfill the purpose you were created for- God has the Blueprint…seek Him for revelation of that plan.
- Enjoy the QUEEN LIFE; it is the Full Reward for the investment you have made in your soul.
Life can be described as a buffet; there are many choices on the menu. As a QUEEN, learning what nourishes you enables you to choose from the many tables in the dining hall.
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.Hebrews 10:22-23
In Desiring Guidance, your God and KING will lead you to every place that you will need to Show Up. Go on QUEEN!! Show Up and be all that you were created to be…Your blessing awaits.
GOD BLESS YOU…
- How do I want to Show Up and exude the essence of my God and King?
- What will it take for me to be all that I am created to be?
- How will I know that I am Showing Up?
MY PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Dear Heavenly Father,
My life is truly a precious gift that should be celebrated everyday; to wake up each day is an invitation to Your banquet. As I arise I am able to make the choice to Show Up and to exude Your essence.
Teach me dear Lord how to Show Up so that Every Moment Matters and You will be glorified. I sincerely desire to be the woman You created me to be and I need Your help to be. Reveal the Blue Print for my life so that my actions will cause the plans you have for me to come to pass by my faith and actions.
In Jesus’s Name I pray – Amen