WEEK 3: THE CASE FOR VIRTUE- VIRTUE IN ACTION
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2021
Her children rise up and call her blessed, her husband also and he praises her.
We continue to Make the Case for Virtue, and it is amazing to see how much we have learned in this study of the character of the Virtuous Woman. Last Friday I shared on the topic She Nurtures. Today we will be exploring some of the ways we can enjoy Practical Nurturing.
Just to recap; let us define the word “nurture”: it means: to care for someone or something while it is growing. I know that you will agree with me that in order to be effective in caring, it is important to have accurate knowledge about what we need to care. Knowing what the person or thing will need at the different stages of its development will guide our actions so we know what to do.
By design, women were created to nurture; we possess the innate ability to care for and protect others. It is important to note that we first need firstly to care for ourselves in order to care for others. It is for this reason that the Founder of The Virtuous Woman Project encourages us to read the Power of the Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian so we learn to prioritize our tasks. In reading the book, I have learned a lot and the information has helped to change my life. I am sure it will do the same for you.
Let us now get to the heart of the matter for today: Practical Nurturing. Let’s look back at the person we will need to care for:
- Our Relationship with God
- Our Relationship with Ourselves
- Our Relationship with Our Spouses
- Our Relationship with Our Children
- Our Relationship with Others
We have learned much from the Virtuous Woman that she Nurtures all her relationships. As we strive to put Virtue in Action, let us look at the different ways we can be Practical in Nurturing.
Nurturing Our Relationship with God
It is important to keep in mind the nature of God; He is a Spirit so in order for us to relate to Him, we must understand how He is and why. To grow closer and closer to God.
Some of the practical ways I nurture my relationship with God are:
- Reading and study of His word, the Bible.
Study to show yourself approved unto God a work man that does not need to be ashamed, but rightly divided the word of truth. (Romans
- Participating in regular prayer and fasting
- Frequent Worship and Praise to God
- Frequent Journaling of my experiences, lessons and prayers
Relationship with Self
Self-care is of vital importance; when we care for ourselves it become much easier to identify the needs of others.
Do unto others as you do for yourself.
Practical ways of taking care of myself are:
1 Proper nutrition and regular exercise
2. Body care including regular manicure, pedicure, facials and massages
3. Haircare; grooming
Practical ways of Caring for Husband
- Praying for his work, strength and safety.
- Preparing nutritious and delicious meals.
- Taking care if the home by keeping it clean and comfortable
- Making sure his clothes are clean and he is properly attired, so that he will be admired when he sits among his friends.
Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the landProverbs 31:23
Practical ways of Caring for Children.
Behold children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.Psalm127:3
- Children should be nurtures to fear God, to love honour and respect Him.
- Pray for every stage and area of the child or children life.
- Provide nutritious and tasty meals for them.
- Educate them towards fulfilling their purpose.
- Guide them in choosing the right friends
- Provide a safe home and environment for them to thrive.
- Provide clean and beautiful clothes for them to wear.
- Spend quality time with them; speaking and listening to what they have to say.
So that her children rise up and call her blessedProverbs 31: 28a
Relationship with Others
Our relationship with others such as our siblings, friends, business partners, staff, and neighbours will be much easier to nurture when we master the other relationships that we mentioned before. We will be able to:
Love the Lord our God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and you neighbour as yourselfSt. Matthew 22:37-39
Let us continue to seek daily council from the Lord so that we will be able to nurture all the persons in our lives, then it can be said.
Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gatesProverbs 31:31
LET US PRAY
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord I thank You for Your Word which reminds me that I did not choose You, it is You who have chosen me to nurture the persons you have placed in my life.
Thank You for helping me on a daily basis to demonstrate Christlikeness in these relationships. May it be that when I look in the eyes of the people I love, I will see You and will love them the way You do.
Lord at times it can be a real challenge especially in nurturing children, please give me the patience that I need in these challenging times. I ask that You will use me as Your instrument to make a positive difference in the lives those who You put in my path.
I know You have a path for me, and a destiny that I now need to fulfill. Thank You for helping me to do Your will from my ️ heart
In Jesus’s Name I pray…Amen