WEEK 1: THE CASE FOR VIRTUE- HER FOUNDATION
The Long Journey to Freedom
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 05, 2021
“She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come”. (Proverbs 31:25)
The study of the history of Israel tells us of their experience of living as slaves in the foreign land of Egypt. Isaac and his descendants migrated there during a time of famine. Joseph, his son who was mistreated and sold by his brothers, and by God’s favour he had been promoted in the Pharaoh’s palace. Being enslaved has been a reality of other races of people throughout history.
There is another form of slavery that while not a physical experience is a reality in the lives of many humans: it is being a “slave” to sin. The word sin is defined as: a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them. During the time when Jesus lived on earth, He was conversing with the Jews about Who He was. About the Word of God, Jesus chided them to read it to learn the truth so that they could be set free. (St. John 8:32. The Jews to whom Jesus spoke were bewildered; the question they asked was:
“We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”St. John 8:33
Jesus spoke to them plainly and said:
“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin.St. John 8:34
We are all familiar with the temptation to go against what is right; yet we have the help we need to be “free” from the force which tries to enslave us. Our Heavenly Father knows the challenges faced by humans to walk uprightly; He addressed the problem by sending His Son, Jesus Who Himself was tempted, but remained faithful. Here is what our Lord and Saviour says…
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full”St. John 10:10
As women I know that we desire to live “nobly” and with “freedom” from missing God’s mark (sin) all while having fun, success and fulfillment. We have the task of balancing our spiritual life with our home, work, community and social lives. The good news is that we can do so successfully when we use the resources and the strategies that the Bible recommends.
The gift of Salvation is eternal, and the path to eternity will take us on a Long Journey to Freedom. The journey is long, but we never walk alone, so it doesn’t have to be hard. How do I know, because the Saviour of our souls says so. Let us look at some of the great and effective lessons Jesus teaches those who choose to follow Him.
- How to Love God – If you love me, keep My commandments ( St. John 14:15 )
- How to Follow Christ – Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. (St. Luke 9:23)
- How to Pray to God – Our Father Who art in Heaven, Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done (St. Matthew 6:10)
- How to Live Everyday Life – Present yourself as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God (Romans 12:1)
- How to Be Free From Sin – Submit yourselves then to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (St. James 4:7)
- How to Have Spiritual Success – Remain in Me (Christ) and I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself ( St. John 15:4)
- How to Receive from God – Ask, and it shall be given seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened (St. Matthew 7:7)
- How to Learn About What God Requires – Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman who does not need to be ashamed. (2 timothy 2:15)
- How to Receive Revelation of God’s Plans and Prophesy – The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. (Psalm 25:14)
- How to Inherit Eternal Life – …that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (St. John 3:16)
The Scriptures above provides guidance and teaches great wisdom about how to live uprightly before God. In embracing “Virtue” as the standard by which to live, we have The Greatest Gift of All Times, so we can be Daddy’s Little Girls and enjoy the process of Learning to Be Me, because we have made the important investment in A Woman’s Most Valuable Asset. Everyday when we awake we know that we are on a Long Journey to Freedom, and we journey with our God with joy because we know that “He loves us loads”.
The goodliness that we pursue has great rewards because we have the strength and passion to:
- Love God with our whole hearts
- Follow Christ Faithfully
- Pray Fervent and Effectual Prayer that God hears and answers
- Live everyday with joy because we surrender to God daily
- Escape the devil’s plots by drawing close and closer to God
- Enjoy peace and success because we abide in the Vine, (Christ)
- Receive answers to our prayers because we ask in faith and live in obedience to God’s will
- We study the Word of God and gain knowledge of His love, will and purpose so we know the plans of God.
- We are aware of the times and do well to prepare to meet our King because we know that the Coming of the Lord is near.
- We know that we are saved and are heirs with Christ because we believe in and follow Him in pleasing God in all that we do each day.
“She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come”St. John 10:10
We too will laugh at the days to come because we are Virtuous Women who will not get off the path our Daddy has called us to take. Even when it’s hard, we will rest, but we will not quit because He Who loves us so much and has “clothed us with strength and dignity”. Keep walking Queen…
LET US PRAY
I approach You with a humbled heart full of joy to know that You have called me to a Long Journey to Freedom.
Life is already full of uncertainty and pain, but to know that when I surrender to You I will be led on the path of righteousness makes the long journey worth every moment.
I am no longer a slave to sin because You set me free through Your Son, Jesus. I am Your child who you love unconditionally. Help me to guard the freedom I have in Christ by drawing closer and closer to You, resist the devil so He will flee from me.
On this Long Journey to Freedom, I want to walk with You at every moment, never taking my eyes off you and follow You wherever you lead.
I know that when I pray, You hear and will answer
In Jesus’s Name I pray. Amen